Thursday, January 14, 2010

Garmin External Antenna Garmin Gps/sonar Combo Internal Or External Antenna, Dual Or Single Frequency?

Garmin Gps/sonar combo internal or external antenna, dual or single frequency? - garmin external antenna

I want to buy a new GPS / Sonar for my new boat. Anyone who has an internal antenna? I wonder if you lose the signal.
What is the difference between single-and dual-frequency? This is the model I'm looking forward to buy, Eagle 642C DF iGPS SeaCharter but I am interested in the new models, Lowrance HDS. Any information would be appreciated.

1 comment:

purple bandit said...

Interior will be ok if the device is mounted outside the cab (I'm not a sailor, so I do not know whether this is) the correct term. If you "climb inside", then you should go with the external antenna.

GPS single frequency vs. double-word before and can not always be as single-L1 (ie single frequency) or L1 and L2 (ie double the frequency). In general, the dual-frequency GPS in a specific [to be used up] (military or engineering). This is not the consumer can do anything. However, looking at the data sheet for this model (http://www.eaglenav.com/en/Products/Fish ... I think that applies to a dual frequency sonar, no GPS. (I'm not current sonar, but I guess this means that sound works on 2 frequencies for better accuracy)

Post a Comment